Hexaware Technologies Placement Paper - Verbal Ability Questions with answers can be found from here : https://www.hackersfriend.com/articles/hexaware-technologies-placement-paper-verbal-ability-questions-with-answers
1. Find the probability that a five digit no formed by 1,2,3,4,5 ( not repeated) are divisible by 4.
2. How many numbers are there in all from 4000 to 4999 (both 4000 and 4999 included. having at least one of their digits repeated?
3. Find the simple interest on Rs. 306.25 from March 3rd to July 27th( In the same year ) at 3.75 percent.
a) Rs. 4.57
b) Rs. 4.59
c) Rs. 4.53
d) Rs. 4.58
4. Ram and Shyam drive at the speeds of 36 Kmph and 54 kmph respectively. If Shyam takes 3 hours lesser than what Ram takes for the same distance. Then distance is :
a) 324 km
b) 524 km
c) 320 km
d) 425 km
5. In the series 0, 3, 8, 15,__ What is the next number ?
6. In a car wheel, two spokes cover 15 degree. Then for the entire car, how many spokes are there ?
7. A cubical rectangular bar has the dimensions with the ratio 5 : 4 : 3. Its volume is 7500. What is the surface area of the bar ?
8. To complete a work A and B takes 8 days, B and C takes 12 days, A,B and C takes 6 days. How much time A and C will take
9. In a group of 8 boys, 2 men aged at 21 and 23 were replaced, two new boys. Due to this the average cost of the group increased by 2 years. What is the average age of the 2 new boys?
10. Two trains, each 100 m long are moving in opposite directions. They cross each other in 8 seconds. If one is moving twice as fast the other, the speed of the faster train is
a) 75 km/hr
b) 60 km/hr
c) 35 km/hr
d) 70 km/hr
11. One year ago the ratio between Rahul salary and Rohit salary is 4:5. The ratio between their individual salary of the last year and the current year is 2:3 and 3:5 respectively. If the total current salary of Rahul and Rohit is 4300. Then find the current salary of Rahul.
12. A and B working individually can do a piece of work in 9 and 15 days respectively. If they work for a day alternately. A beginning, in how many days, work will be completed ?
13. What is the distance separated after 2 and half hours ?
14. A fold density is 19 times greater than the water and for copper it is 9 times.At what ratio you can mix gold and copper to get 15 times denser than water.
d) None of these
15. 2 persons can finish a job in 8 days. First person alone can finish the work in 24 days. How many days does the second person take to finish the job ?
a) 8 days
b) 10 days
c) 12 days
d) 14 days
16. 16 grams of radioactive material decays into 8 grams in 10 years. How long will it take to decay to 1 gram ?
a) 71 yrs
b) 70 yrs
c) 66 yrs
d) 63 yrs
17. Find the nth number in the series is 1, -3, 5, -7.
b) n(2*n -1)/6
d) -2n + 1
18. What is the angle of degree suspended when two hands of clock showing the time 2.30.
a) 110 deg
b) 105 deg
c) 100 deg
d) 115 deg
19. A person’s salary is getting reduced by 20%. What percentage should be added to get back his original salary ?
d) None of these
20. What would be the next number in the series: 12, 51, 34 ,95,?
d) None of these
21. In a rectangle the length is increased by of the original length . By what proportion should the width be reduced so that the area will be the same ?
22. The least perfect square number which is exactly divisible by 3, 4, 7, 10 and 12 is:
d) None of these
23. A and B entered into a partnership investing Rs.25000 and Rs.30000 respectively. After 4 months C also joined the business with an investment of Rs.35000. What is the share of C in an annual profit of Rs.47000?
24. A train which is 150m. long passes a platform of 200 m in 15 sec. What is the speed of the train ?
a) 36 km/hr
b) 64 km/hr
c) 84 km/hr
d) 91 km/hr
25. A person starts walking at a speed of 5km/hr through half the distance, rest of the distance he covers with a speed 4km/hr. Total time of travel is 9 hours. What is the maximum distance he can cover ?
b) 35.5 km
c) 39.4 km
d) 40.5 km
26. Two trains are traveling in opposite directions at uniforms speeds of 60 kmph and 50 kmph.They take 5 seconds to cross each other.If the two trains travelled in the same directions.then a passenger sitting in the faster moving train would have overtaken the other than in 18 seconds.what are the lengths of the trains?
a) 87.78 m and 55 m
b) 112 m and 78 m
c) 102.78 m and 50 m
d) 102.78 m and 55 m
27. Two numbers are in the ratio xy,when 2 is added to both the numbers.the ratio becomes 1:2.when 3 is subtracted from both the numbers. The ratio becomes 1:3.Find the sum of x and y.
28. The ratio of ages of a father and his son is 11 : 5 respectively. 6 years ago the ratio of their ages was 5 : 2 respectively. Find father’s present age ?
a) 11 yrs
b) 22 yrs
c) 66 yrs
d) 33 yrs
29. 10 years ago, father was 3 times as old as his son. Now, father is only twice as old as his son. Then, the sum of the present ages of the son and the father is :
a) 40 yrs
b) 30 yrs
c) 20 yrs
d) 60 yrs
30. A and B can do a piece of work in 18 days, B and C can do it in 24 days, A and C can do it in 36 days. In how many days will A finish it, working separately ?
31. Two persons A and B working together can complete a piece of work in 15 days but a third person C can destroy half the completed work in 15 days. In how many days A, B, and C working together can complete one fourth of the piece of work ?
32. Find the reminder when 333666777888999 divided by 3 or 9 or 11 ?
33. 3 red and 4 blue balls are in a basket. A member of PP Team is drawing balls from the basket. What is the probability of getting the 3 red balls simultaneously ?
34. A man walked 30m west 5m south 10m west 35m north to reach tollgate find the dist from start to gate.
35. 43278 x 81.235 + 7635 ÷ 3- 4128 = ? Find ‘?’
36. 873.456 + 978.123 – ? = 1728.015
37. 1111 x 111 + 2222 x 22 – 3333 x 3.33 =?