1. The price of the product is 495. A loss of 10% is incurred. What is the cost price ?
2. A bus moves 10m in 2 sec. How long does it move in 1 min.
A. 300 m
B. 350 m
C. 400 m
D. 450 m
3. A student is to answer 10 out of 12 questions in an examination such that he must choose at least 4 from the first five questions. The number of choices available to him is
4. A student is to answer 10 out of 12 questions in an examination such that he must choose at least 4 from the first five questions. The number of choices available to him is
5. A person spends 1/7th of his salary on travel,1/3rd of the remaining on food, he then spends 1/4th of the remaining on rent. Finally he puts 1/6th of the remaining as a monthly savings, after which he has 25000 left. What is his salary (in Rs.)?
6. If 12 file cabinets require 18 feet of wall space, how many feet of wall space will 30 cabinets require?
7. A computer printer produced 176,400 lines in a given day. If the printer was in operation for seven hours during the day, how many lines did it print per minute?
D. None of these
8. An article was sold at Rs.4600 at a profit of 15%,find the cost price.
9. 2 transistors together costs Rs.480. they are sold at a profit of 19%, other at a loss of 15%. If the selling price are equal, find the cost of lower priced one?
10. In a library, there are two racks with 40 books per rack. On a given day, 30 books were issued. What fraction remained in the racks?
D. None of these
11. A person meets a train at a railway station coming daily at a particular time . One day he is late by 25 minutes, and he meets the train 5 k.m. before the station. If his speed is 12 kmph, what is the speed of the train?
A. 30 kmph
B. 45 kmph
C. 60 kmph
D. None of these
12. The sum of ages of three brothers at 2 years interval is 60 years. What is the age of the youngest brother?
13. A caravan of 120m moves at the rate of 10 m/s. What time it takes to pass a boy?
14. A snail moves 5 metres in 2hr. If it moves at same speed, what is the time taken for 20m?
15. A TV set listed at Rs 3200 is sold to a retailer at a successive discount of 25% and 15%. The retailer desires a profit of 20%, after allowing a discount of 10% to the customer. At what price should he list the TV set (in Rs.)?
16. Find the missing term in 3,9,27,81,?
17. A worker makes a basket in 2/3hr. If he works for 15/2 hrs, how many basket will he make?
18. From the top of the Tower which is 240m high, if the angle of depression of a point on the ground is 30°, then the distance of the point from the foot of the Tower is
A. 40 √ 3
B. 80 √ 3
C. 120 √ 3
D. 240 √ 3
19. A rectangular playground with the dimension of 50m X 30 m is surrounded by a 5 m wide road all the sides. What is the area of the road?
A. 600 sq. m.
B. 500 sq. m.
C. 450 sq. m.
D. 900 sq. m.
20. A man owns 2/3 of the market research beauro business and sells 3/4 of his shares for Rs. 75000. What is the value of Business?
21. A can complete work in 10 days and B can complete in 12 days. In how many days will they complete together?
A. 60 days
B. 60/11 days
C. 55 days
D. 5 days
22. Vipul’s present age is two-fifths of the age of his mother. After 8 years, Vipul will be one-half of the age of his mother. What is the present age of Vipul’s mother?
A. 60 Years
B. 50 Years
C. 40 Years
D. 30 Years
23. Find the missing number :
24. The average salary of 3 workers is 95 Rs. per week. If one earns Rs.115 and second earns Rs.65 how much is the salary of the 3rd worker.
25. A 16 stored building has 12000 sq.feet on each floor. Company A rents 7 floors and company B rents 4 floors. What is the number of sq.feet of unrented floor space.
D. None of these
26. During a given week A programmer spends 1/4 of his time preparing flow chart, 3/8 of his time coding and the rest of the time in debugging the programs. If he works 48 hours during the week , how many hours did he spend debugging the program.
27. A company installed 36 machines at the beginning of the year. In March they installed 9 additional machines and then disconnected 18 in August. How many were still installed at the end of the year.
28. It takes 5 sec. for a clock to strike at 5’o clock. If the striking intervals are uniform how much time will it take to strike 9’o clock (in sec.)?
29. A cricketer whose bowling average is 24.85 runs per wicket, takes 5 wickets for 52 runs in next inning and thereby decreases his average by 0.85. The number of wickets taken by him till the last match was:
30. 12 men can complete a piece of work in 36 days. 18 women can complete the same piece of work in 60 days. 8 men and 20 women work together for 20 days. If only women were to complete the remaining piece of work in 4 days, how many women would be required ?
31. The average weight of four boys A, B, C, and D is 75 kg. The fifth boy E is included and the average weight decreases by 4 kg. A is replaced by F. The weight of F is 6 kg more than E. Average weight decreases because of the replacement of A and now the average weight is 72 kg. Find the weight of A.
A. 57 kg
B. 54 kg
C. 56 kg
D. 60 kg
32. Three sets of 40, 50 and 60 students appeared for an examination and the pass percentage was 100, 90 and 80 respectively. the pass percentage of the whole set is
33. Tarun bought a T.V. with 20% discount on the labelled price had he bought it with 25% discount he would have saved Rs. 500. At what price did he buy the T.V. ?
A. Rs. 5000
B. Rs. 10000
C. Rs. 12000
D. Rs. 8000
34. The average of three consecutive odd numbers is 14 more than one third of the first of these numbers. What is the last of these numbers.
35. In an examination A got 25% marks more than B, B got 10% less than C and C got 25% more than D. If D got 320 marks out of 500, the marks obtained by A were
36. X and Y can do a piece of work in 20 days and 12 days respectively. X started the work alone and then after 4 days Y joined him till the completion of the work. How long did the work last?
A. 6 days
B. 10 days
C. 15 days
D. 20 days
37. A person travels equal distance with 3km/hr, 4km/hr and 5km/hr and takes a total time of 47 mins. The total distance is:
38. Excluding stoppages, the speed of a bus is 54 kmph and including stoppages, it is 45 kmph. For how many minutes does the bus stop per hour?
39. A train 240m long passed a pole in 24 seconds. How long will it take to pass a platform 650m long:
A. 65 sec
B. 89 sec
C. 100 sec
D. 150 sec
40. If a boat goes 7km upstream in 42 minutes and speed of the current is 3kmph, then the speed of the boat in still water is: