1. A set contains all numbers from 1 to 250. If a number is picked at random, what is the probability that it is a multiple of 3?
2. A batsman in his 17th innings makes a score of 85 and thereby increasing his average by 3. What is his average after the 17th innings?
3. Anil is at present one-fourth the age of his father. After 16 years he will be one-half of the age of his father. Find the present age of Anil’s father.
A. 40 years
B. 36 years
C. 32 years
D. 28 years
4. The average salary of the entire staff in an office is Rs 250 per month. The average salary of officers is Rs 520 and that of non-officers is Rs. 200. If the number of officers is 15, then find the number of non–officers in the office.
5. An article was sold at Rs.4600 at a profit of 15%, Find the cost price.
6. Jayant gets 3 marks for each right sum and loses 2 marks for each wrong sum. He attempts 30 sums and obtains 40 marks. The number of sums attempted correctly is
7. A circular wire of radius 56 cm is cut and bent in the form of a rectangle whose sides are in the ratio of 6:5. The smaller side of the rectangle is
A. 70 cm
B. 75 cm
C. 80 cm
D. 85 cm
8. A man sitting in a train traveling at the rate of 50 km/hr observes that it takes 9 sec for a goods train travelling in the opposite direction to pass him. If the goods train is 187.5 m long, find its speed.
A. 25 km/hr
B. 40 km/hr
C. 35 km/hr
D. 36 km/hr
9. The price of sugar increases by 20%, by what percent should a housewife reduce the consumption of sugar so that expenditure on sugar can be same as before ?
10. A man spends half of his salary on household expenses, 1/4th for rent, 1/5th for travel expenses, the man deposits the rest in a bank. If his monthly deposits in the bank amount 50, what is his monthly salary ?
A. Rs. 500
B. Rs. 1500
C. Rs. 1000
D. Rs. 900
11. Find the approximate value of the following equation :
6.23% of 258.43 – ? + 3.11% of 127 = 13.87
12. A train overtakes 2 persons walking at 3 km/hr and 5 km/hr respectively in the same direction and completely passes them in 8 seconds and 10 seconds respectively. Find the speed of the train.
A. 15 km/hr
B. 13 km/hr
C. 10 km/hr
D. 20 km/hr
13. An empty swimming pool can be filled to capacity through an inlet pipe in 3 hours, and it can be completely drained by a drain pipe in 6 hours. If both pipes are fully open at the same time, in how many hours will the empty pool be filled to capacity?
14. The ratio between the M and N age is 7: 9. If the difference between the present ages of Q and P’s age after 4 years is 2 then what is the total of the present ages of P and Q?
15. A man swims downstream 40 km in 5 hours and upstream 24 km in 2 hours. Find his speed in still water ?
A. 10 kmph
B. 15 kmph
C. 8 kmph
D. 12 kmph
16. A train traveling at rate of 180 kmph crosses a pole in 50 sec. Its length is
A. 1250 m
B. 2500 m
C. 2700 m
D. 2250 m
17. A farmer divides his herd of x cows among his 4 sons so that one son gets one half of the herd, the second gets one-fourth, the third gets one-fifth and the fourth gets 7 cows. Then x is equal to
18. If the compound interest on a certain sum for two years at 12% per annum is Rs. 2544 the simple interest on it at the same rate for 2 years will be
A. Rs. 2400
B. Rs. 2500
C. Rs. 2480
D. Rs. 2440
19. A rectangular field has its length and breadth in the ratio 6:5 respectively. A man riding bicycle complete one lap of this field along its perimeter at the speed of 12kmph in 1.5m. What is the area of the field?
20. It is dark in my bedroom and I want to get two socks of the same color from my drawer, which contains 24 red and 24 blue socks. How many socks do I have to take from the drawer to get at least two socks of the same color?
21. A man can row at 5 kmph in still water. If the velocity of current is 1 kmph and it takes him 1 hour to row to a place and come back, how far is the place?
A. 2.4 km
B. 2.5 km
C. 3.0 km
D. 3.6 km
22. The area of the square is three-fifths the area of a rectangle. The length of the rectangle is 25 cm and breadth 10cm less than its length. What is the area of the square?
A. 12 cm
B. 15 cm
C. 17 cm
D. 20 cm
23. Four horses are tethered at 4 corners of a square field of side 60 meters so that they just cannot reach one another. The area left ungrazed by the horses is:
A. 523 m
B. 612 m
C. 771 m
24. Which of the following is a perfect square?
25. Raghav travels 20 km to the north, turns left and travels 8 km, and then again turns right, covers another 10 km and then turns right and travels another 8 km. How far is he from the starting point ?
A. 8 km
B. 40 km
C. 30 km
D. 20 km
26. If 5 men working 7 hours a day earn Rs. 854 per week then 15 men working 2 hours a day will earn how much per week ?
A. Rs. 634
B. Rs. 567
C. Rs. 989
D. Rs. 732
27. A portion of a 30 m long tree is broken by a tornado and the top strikes the ground making an angle of 30° with the ground level. The height of the point where the tree is broken is equal to
A. 30/√3 m
B. 10 m
C. 30√3 m
D. 60 m
28. A cistern can be filled by a tap in 3 hours while it can be emptied by another tap in 8 hours. If both the taps are opened simultaneously, then after how much time will the cistern get filled?
A. 4.8 hr
B. 2.4 hr
C. 3.6 hr
D. 1.8 hr
29. A man has only 20-paise and 25-paise coins in a bag. If he has 50 coins in all totaling to Rs 11.25, then the number of 20-paise coins is
30. The sum of one-half, one-third and one-fourth of a number exceeds the number by 12. The number is
31. Three bells rings at the intervals of 36 seconds, 40 seconds and 48 seconds respectively. They start ringing together at a particular time. When they will start ringing together again?
A. After 6 minutes
B. After 12 minutes
C. After 18 minutes
D. After 24 minutes